The New Zealand Coalition to End Loneliness was set up by these 7 founding organisations who all work in different ways to bring people together, and to reach and support people who are feeling lonely and isolated:
- Age Concern New Zealand
- Alzheimers New Zealand
- Carers New Zealand
- Salvation Army
- St John New Zealand
- Student Volunteer Army
We formed the Coalition in 2018, because we know that solving a social problem like loneliness can’t be done by one organisation alone. We are committed to working together to tackle loneliness and create communities in which New Zealanders have the relationships and support that they need to thrive.
The New Zealand Coalition to End Loneliness aims to:
- Grow understanding of loneliness and make it easier to talk about.
- Provide clear information about what we can all do to tackle loneliness.
- Advocate together to prompt action on loneliness at government level.
This Lets End Loneliness website is part of this plan. We encourage you to explore the site to learn about:
- What we can all do about loneliness for ourselves, in our whanau and communities, and in our workplaces.
- Research about loneliness, and about what works to address it.
- What we’re saying to government.
- How you can get involved.
Together we can end loneliness one person, one community, one workplace at a time.
Join with us
As we work towards ending loneliness one person, one community, one workplace at a time.